Naughty or Nice? Colt’s First Christmas


It’s been fun getting into the Christmas spirit this year, and sharing the joy of the season with Colt.

We put up the Christmas tree, though we skipped the fragile ornaments.

We’ve been watching holiday movies, or at least having them on in the background. A Charlie Brown Christmas, How The Grinch Stole Christmas, A Muppet Family Christmas, Polar Express, and The Flintstones Christmas Carol.

And of course, we’ve been listening to Christmas music in the car.

We even took Colt to meet Santa Claus a few weeks ago.

I probably over bought for Colt’s first Christmas. Especially knowing that he’s getting so many gifts from his family. “Santa” brought him three toys; a race car and track, a puppy that teaches about body parts, and a radio. As well as crayons and a bunch of clothes.

Thankfully, I picked up a second set of toy bins and shelves off Craigslist recently, so we’ll have room to put it all. And rotate the toys a bit.

I’m staring at all the toys scattered throughout the living room and being overwhelmed by it all. Race cars, trucks, tracks, and a farm. This Christmas appears to be sponsored by VTech. Colt also has blocks, books, Legos, and a few stuffed animals.

I guess I’ll be rotating toys so that they are not all out, and all over, at once.

We spent Christmas Eve at Doug and Debbie’s, celebrating Doug’s birthday. Christmas morning was spent with my mom and sisters and that night we had dinner at Margaret’s. I also called my dad via Skype and he was able to see Colt for a bit, but we’re going to have to get better at using it. Saturday night we had dinner at Mike’s dad’s house and then we followed that up Sunday with lunch at my Aunt Ronnie. Four Christmas’s (and a birthday) in four days.

Colt got a lot of great gifts, and for the most part was pretty good with the change in schedule. He got to go new places, explore, play with a lot of people, and things, see many new animals, and even try new foods! Mike and I did the best we could to coordinate all of the festivities around his nap times, but it wasn’t the easiest.

I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t ready to stay home for a while. Mike goes back to work today, and of all things, has to work a 16-hour day, traveling to Kalamazoo. Hopefully the winter weather will give him a break and he’ll get home tonight too, otherwise he may be spending the night. I have all week off of work. I may let Colt go to daycare a few days this week just so that we can get back on track again.

Overall I think we all had a great Christmas. It’s been a great few days.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s