+/- 10 days and counting!
Now that I feel I have all the things at home that I will need to care for a newborn, I have been thinking a lot about what to bring to the hospital.
There are 1000s of parenting websites on the internet that will give you anywhere from their “Top 5 Must Haves” to a 5 page “Be Prepared” list.
Here are a few things I am considering, and that I have questions on:
The Hospital Bag List
- Phone & Charger
- Nursing Tanks, Sweatshirt, & Pajama Pants
- Slippers or Comfy Socks
- Nursing Pads & Lanolin Ointment
- Going Home Clothes for Mom & Baby
- Change of Clothes for Dad
- Water Bottle & Snacks
- And A Car Seat (already installed)
But here are some things I have questions about:
- Should I really bring my own pajamas and such if its really going to be the mess they say it can be?
- Should I bring my own maxi pads or depends? I hear the hospital provided things are awful.
- Will there really be that much down time that I will want my tablet, books or games?
- My Baby Book? I’ve heard they’ll put his tiny little foot prints into the book if I ask.
- Additional Baby Clothes?
- What am I missing?
So you tell me moms & dads, is what I have enough? Should I leave some things at home? What were your essentials during your stay?