Itzy Bitzy Goes to Playoffs

It’s been crazy busy at home and work over the past few weeks. Between working on the house, an increased caseload at work, and traveling for derby, there hasn’t been much time to write.

Two weeks ago, Circuit Broad and I drove down to Charleston, WV for the last of the the WFTDA Division 1 playoffs.

Once again, I was at the Lineup Tracking table, entering player numbers, and listing trips to the penalty box. I got to work with a great new crew of NSOs that I had not worked with before. There were challenges with seeing some jerseys but overall I’d call it a success.

NSOing while pregnant has had its disadvantages of course. I have to use the restroom more often, eat more frequently, and keep antacids in my stat bag. But seeing all of my friends from near and far, and all the belly rubs have been worth it. So far. I didn’t get to after party as much, or stay up too late. It’s a lot harder to get to sleep these days and I need all the sleep I can get.

At home, Mike and I have been busy getting the house ready for baby. Last night, Mike hung new blinds in the kitchen and laundry room. Not having the neighbor’s bright light shining into the baby’s room will be great. Mike also got shelves up in the garage, so I can pack and store some stuff I’ve had in the future nursery.

Itzy Bitzy has also been busy lately, busy moving around! Monday it felt like he was doing barrel rolls in there. So much so that by the time I got home from work, I felt like I’d been on a roller coaster.

Today, we see the doctor again, and I’m sure it’ll be more good news. 17 more weeks to go!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s